« Back to All Open Positions
Requirements to include but not limited to:
- Providing and maintaining high quality standards and procedures in preparing and serving all food.
- Keeping the kitchen a clean, safe and sanitary environment in which to work.
- Assisting the Chefs in all SNHD Sanitation procedures
- Responsible for preparation of all restaurants foods, hot and cold. Responsible for working in all aspects of food preparation.
- Ensuring that all food quality meets specifications and guarantees.
- Assist with preparing food for every aspect of the venue, including hot and cold Banquets.
- Making sure that all kitchen sanitation standards are met.
- Assisting in lowering all food costs and wastes.
- Responsible for return of food from Banquet functions.
- Working one or two days ahead of his operation to ensure product delivery is on time and to ensure on their days off anyone covering has what they need to operate.
- Ensuring all products are rotating on a first-in, first-out philosophy.
- Ensuring all requisitions are processed properly and placed in designated area.
- Maintaining solid knowledge of all food products and is able to skillfully apply culinary techniques.
- Regularly restocks all kitchen supplies and food items required for service.
- Properly labeling and dating all products to ensure safekeeping and sanitation.
- Maintains a solid menu knowledge and attention to detail with plate presentation.
- Versatile in preparing both hot and cold items.
- Assisting Master Cook as needed in execution of service.
- Assisting Pantry Workers and Kitchen Helpers as needed in execution of service.
- Maintaining a solid knowledge, understanding and preparation of base sauces, stocks and soups.
- Maintaining a high level of professionalism by exhibiting the Art of Excellence philosophy.
- Working as a team, assisting all guests' and employees' needs and inquiries.
- Effectively communicating with management, chefs and service staff in order to fulfill and address any issues or needs requested by guests and or other employees.
- Following all procedures and policies set forth by the company, division and department.
- Following all health and safety regulations.
QUALIFICATIONS: (Include equipment knowledge/use)
- 2 Years minimum experience in a similar position preferred.
- Basic comprehension of English oral and written language
- Ability to read and measure recipes.
- Able to apply basic knife skills required for preparation.
- Exhibits a basic knowledge, understanding and application of various cooking techniques.
- Basic knowledge of cooking utensils and equipment, pots, pans, dish ware, silverware, glassware, food slicing machine, knives, oven, grill/stove burners, microwave appliances, brazier, steam kettles
- Experience with interior of hotels, in restaurants and kitchen areas, with exposure to humidity, steam and extreme temperatures.
- Exposure to Food and Beverage hazardous cleaning chemicals.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Able to read and measure recipes.
- Knowledge of health and safety procedures
- Ability to maintain a clean and organized work environment.
- Knowledge of weights and measures.
- Knowledge of SNHD rules and regulations.
Please submit your resume to Careers@venteuxchicago.com