« Back to All Open Positions
To include but not limited to
- Consistently following Food & Beverage sequence of service utilizing all proper procedures standardized by venue managers and chefs.
- Encourage to make weekly table reservations.
- Building and establishing a personal clienteles.
- Participate in weekly marketing requirements
- Answering telephone and directing calls where necessary.
- Overseeing daily restaurant reservations, pre-assigning seating where necessary.
- Communicating with Restaurant Reservations Dept. regarding VIPs, special orders, cake orders, special requests, large parties, etc - responsible for conveying all such information to management.
- Greeting and seating in a timely, positive, welcoming and professional manner as they arrive.
- Control the flow of guests coming into the restaurant, bar and lounge under pressure.
- Maintain the proactive approach to solving any guest's questions, issues, and concerns.
- Bidding farewell to guests, using their name when known and encouraging them to return.
- Cleaning menu covers, replacing inserts and general tidiness of podium area where necessary.
- Shutting down podium, forwarding phones to voice-loop and stacking menus at end of shift.
- Effectively communicating with management, chefs and culinary staff in order to fulfill and address any issues or needs requested by guests and or other employees.
- Following all procedures and policies set forth by the company, division, department, local and state health officials.
- Other duties as assigned
QUALIFICATIONS: (Include equipment knowledge/use)
- 1 year experience as a hostess in a similar, high-volume restaurant environment or 6 months experience in a fine dining establishment required.
- 1 Year experience in marketing nightclubs, restaurants and/or related experience in a Retail or marketing internship or related university marketing course preferred.
- Experience with social media platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, etc. and active participant in social media
- Ability to work as part of a team in a high stress & a high-volume environment.
- Demonstrate experience and ability to work in a dynamic environment that includes frequent change
- Good communication skills and ability to multi-task required; multilingual is a plus.
- Ability to read and write in English proficiently.
- Physically able to walk without assistance on various surfaces for an extended period of time. Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Professionally groomed in a manner consistent with department grooming standards.
- Basic computer skills and experience with computer based reservations systems.
- Ability to follow directions well, make quick decisions, and keep organized while under pressure
- Ability to program and operate a multi-line telephone
- Excellent customer service skills are required.
- Maintain a clean and safe working environment.
- ServSafe Certification
- Illinois BASSET Alcohol Training Certification
Please submit your resume to Careers@venteuxchicago.com