« Back to All Open Positions
To include but not limited to
- Consistently following Food & Beverage sequence of service utilizing all proper procedures standardized by VENUE managers and chefs.
- Actively marketing VENUE and SELF.
- Encourage to make weekly table reservations
- Build and establish a personal clientele.
- Participate in weekly marketing requirements and outings
- Responsible for a cash bank or impressed bank issued at the beginning of service.
- Provides direction to and assistance to apprentice and porters to ensure proper operation of the bar.
- Greet guests in a positive, friendly manner and make them feel welcome.
- Mix and serve drinks, proportioning ingredients to exact recipes and cost criteria.
- Command full menu knowledge at all times and preparation methods.
- Exhibiting proper knowledge, selling techniques and service delivery of both non-alcoholic and alcoholic beverages, and any menu items offered
- Maintain a level of professionalism, that will make guests want to return.
- Anticipate the guests' needs and respond appropriately with a sense of urgency.
- Bid farewell to guests, use guest's name when known, and encourage them to return.
- Actively working as a good will ambassador by exhibiting the Art of Excellence philosophy.
- Work as a team, assisting all guests' and employees' needs and inquiries.
- Perform all opening and closing duties, based upon shift assignment.
- Maintain a bar inventory, orders product to maintain established levels.
- Clean all equipment, tools, and supplies and maintain equipment in good working order.
- Effectively communicate with management, hosts and service staff in order to fulfill and address any issues or needs requested by guests and/or other employees.
- Follow all health and safety regulations.
- Responsible for end of shift clean-up work as outlined by management.
- Other duties as assigned
(Include equipment knowledge/use)
- 3 years restaurant experience and/or 2 years experience bartending in a fine dining establishment.
- Experience with social media platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, etc. and active participant in social media
- Ability to work as part of a team in a high stress & high-volume environment.
- Possess extensive knowledge of Spirits, Wine and Food.
- Physically able to lift and carry heavy trays and equipment as well as delicate china and glassware up to 50 lbs.
- Physically able to walk without assistance on various surfaces for an extended period of time.
- Exposure to high volume restaurant environment.
- 1 Year experience in marketing nightclubs or restaurants and/or equivalent of 2 years Flair Bartending
- Excellent customer service skills are required.
- Basic math skills and the ability to use a calculator.
- Basic computer skills and experience with POS systems.
- Knowledge of different types of tendering guest checks.
- Ability to up sell.
- Maintain a clean and safe working environment.
- Must have oral and written English language skills.
- Must be 21 years of age to serve food and beverages in the State of Illinois.
- ServSafe Certification
- Illinois BASSET Alcohol Training Certification
Please submit your resume to Careers@venteuxchicago.com