« Back to All Open Positions
To include but not limited to:
- Providing and maintaining high quality standards and procedures in preparing and serving food.
- Ensuring all products are rotating on a first-in, first-out philosophy.
- Ensuring high-quality of food that leaves the kitchen en route to the customer.
- Ensuring all requisitions are processed properly and placed in designated area.
- Maintaining solid knowledge of all food products and is able to skillfully apply culinary techniques.
- Keeping the kitchen a clean, safe, and sanitary environment in which to work, and assisting the Chefs in all SNHD Sanitation procedures.
- Assisting in lowering of food costs and waste.
- Responsible for return of all food from Banquet functions, as well as family meal.
- Working one or two days ahead of his operation to ensure product delivery is on time and ensuring on days off that anyone covering has what they need to operate.
- Restocking all kitchen supplies and food items required for service.
- Properly labeling and dating all products to ensure safekeeping and sanitation.
- Maintaining a solid menu knowledge and attention to detail with plate presentation.
- Versatile in preparing all cold items to include, but not limited to, salads, dressings, garnishes and canapes.
- Plating desserts.
- Assisting Cooks and Master Cook as needed in execution of service and helping to prepare food for every aspect of the restaurant to include hot and cold banquets.
- Assisting Kitchen Helpers as needed in execution of service.
- Maintaining a high level of professionalism by exhibiting the Art of Excellence philosophy.
- Working as a team, assisting all guests' and employees' needs and inquiries.
- Effectively communicating with management, chefs and service staff in order to fulfill and address any issues or needs requested by guests and or other employees.
- Following all procedures and policies set forth by the company, division and department.
- Following all health and safety regulations.
- 2 Years minimum experience in a similar position.
- Basic comprehension of English oral and written language.
- Ability to work off Recipes and Prep Lists that are posted.
(Include equipment knowledge/use)
- Basic knife skills.
- Ability to apply basic knife skills required for preparation.
- Able to read and measure recipes.
- Exhibits a basic knowledge, understanding and application of various cooking techniques.
- Full knowledge of cooking utensils and equipment, pots, pans, dish ware, silverware, glassware, food slicing machine, knives, oven, grill/stove burners, microwave appliances, brazier, steam kettles
- Experience with interior of hotels, in restaurants and kitchen areas, with exposure to humidity, steam and extreme temperatures
- Exposure to Food and Beverage hazardous cleaning chemicals.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Physically able to walk and stand without assistance on various surfaces for an extended period of time.
- Knowledge of health and safety procedures.
- Ability to maintain a clean and organized work environment.
- Knowledge of weights and measures.
Please submit your resume to Careers@venteuxchicago.com