« Back to All Open Positions
To include but not limited to:
- Consistently following Food & Beverage sequence of service utilizing all proper procedures standardized by the managers and chefs.
- Actively marketing VENUE and SELF.
- Encourage guests to make weekly table reservations.
- Assist in developing restaurant databases through networking and completing data cards.
- Building and establishing a personal clientele.
- Participate in weekly marketing requirements and outings.
- Greeting guests in a positive, friendly manner and making them feel welcome.
- Guiding guests through all phases of their experience at the restaurant.
- Command full menu knowledge at all times and preparation methods.
- Exhibiting proper knowledge, selling techniques and service delivery of both non-alcoholic and alcoholic beverages.
- Exhibiting proper knowledge, selling techniques and service delivery of menu items of every course.
- Maintaining table cleanliness utilizing a silent service approach.
- Assist in running foods, bussing tables and marking appropriate silverware when necessary.
- Itemizing bills correctly and efficiently securing payment.
- Bidding farewell to guests, using the guest's name when known, and encouraging them to return.
- Actively working as a goodwill ambassador by exhibiting the Art of Excellence philosophy.
- Maintaining cleanliness and stock of their assigned areas, side stations, tables and POS stations.
- Maintaining a level of professionalism that will make guests want to return.
- Anticipating the guests' needs and responding appropriately with a sense of urgency.
- Working as a team, assisting all guests' and employees' needs and inquiries.
- Effectively communicating with management, chefs and culinary staff in order to fulfill and address any issues or needs requested by guests and or other employees.
- Following all procedures and policies set forth by the company, division, and health department.
- Following all health and safety regulations.
- Conforming to the department grooming standards, uniform or attire, and jewelry policy.
- Responsible for end of shift clean-up work as outlined by management
- Always be positive, show enthusiasm, be humble, be thankful, and be respectful to all team members.
- Other duties as assigned
QUALIFICATIONS: (Include equipment knowledge/use)
- 2 years experience as a server in a similar, high-volume restaurant environment or 1 year experience in a fine dining establishment required.
- Experience in and ability to meet marketing requirements outlined by management.
- Experience in and ability to meet social media requirements outlined by management.
- Experience with social media platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, etc. and active participant in social media
- Ability to work as part of a team in a high stress & a high-volume environment.
- Demonstrate experience and ability to work in a dynamic environment that includes frequent change
- Good communication skills; multilingual is a plus.
- Ability to read and write in English proficiently.
- 1 Year experience in marketing nightclubs or restaurants and/or related experience in a Retail or marketing internship or related university marketing course work preferred.
- Physically able to lift and carry at least 50lbs on a tray or arm service where it applies.
- Physically able to walk or stand without assistance on various surfaces for an extended period of time.
- Professionally groomed in a manner consistent with department grooming standards.Basic math skills and the ability to use a calculator.
- Basic computer skills and experience with POS systems.
- Knowledge of different types of tendering guest checks.
- Positive attitude, self motivated, energetic and is a willing learner.
- Extensive knowledge about food and wine and ability to confidently speak on and properly serve such items.
- Ability to up-sell.
- Ability to follow directions, make quick decisions, and keep organized while under pressure.
- Knowledgeable about health and safety regulations.
- Must have oral and written English language skills.
- Must be 21 years of age to serve food and beverages in the State of Illinois.
- ServSafe Certification
- Illinois BASSET Alcohol Training Certification
Please submit your resume to Careers@venteuxchicago.com