« Back to All Open Positions
To include but not limited to:
- Consistently following Food & Beverage sequence of service utilizing all proper procedures standardized by venue managers and chefs.
- Actively marketing venue and self
- Encourage guests to make weekly table reservations.
- Assist in developing restaurant databases through networking and completing data cards.
- Building and establishing a personal clienteles.
- Participate in weekly marketing requirements and outings.
- Command full menu knowledge at all times and preparation methods.
- Deliver food to the guest's table in an appropriate manner.
- Identify and briefly describe each plate to the guests accurately.
- Stock and wipe plates in the assigned area.
- Keep the area clean and tidy at all times.
- Work as a liaison between the kitchen and the serving staff, conveying guest issues.
- Assist in bussing tables and marking appropriate silverware when necessary.
- Assist in ensuring the cleanliness of all service stations.
- Report to the kitchen if the table is properly cleared and marked or if guests are eating slowly.
- Anticipating the guests' needs and responding appropriately with a sense of urgency.
- Bidding farewell to guests, using the guest's name when known, and encouraging them to return.
- Perform assigned side work.
- Actively working as a goodwill ambassador by exhibiting the Art of Excellence philosophy.
- Working as a team, assisting all guests' and employees' needs and inquiries, helping others and requesting help as needed.
- Effectively communicating with management, chefs and culinary staff in order to fulfill and address any issues or needs requested by guests and or other employees.
- Following all procedures and policies set forth by the company, division, department, and local and state health officials.
- Follow all health and safety regulations.
- Conforming to the department grooming standards, uniform or attire, and jewelry policy.
- Responsible for end of shift clean-up work as outlined by management.
- Always be positive, show enthusiasm, be humble, be thankful, and be respectful to all team members.
- Other duties as assigned
QUALIFICATIONS: (Include equipment knowledge/use)
- 2 Years experience as a runner in a similar, high-volume restaurant environment or 6 months experience in a fine dining establishment.
- Experience in and ability to meet marketing requirements outlined by management.
- Experience in and ability to meet social media requirements outlined by management.
- Experience with social media platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, etc. and active participant in social media
- Ability to work as part of a team in a high stress & high-volume environment.
- Good communication skills; multilingual is a plus.
- Ability to speak and read in English proficiently.
- Read and organize tickets in the kitchen - make sure chefs are aware of special orders or allergies.
- Recognize dishes, assemble final garnish and know seat numbers.
- Physically able to lift and carry at least 50lbs on a tray or arm service where it applies.
- Physically able to walk without assistance on various surfaces for an extended period of time.
- Professionally groomed in a manner consistent with department grooming standards.
- Positive attitude, self motivated, energetic and is a willing learner
- Ability to follow directions well, make quick decisions, and keep organized while under pressure.
- Knowledgeable about health and safety regulations
- Ability to use standard kitchen equipment, including, but not limited to refrigerators/coolers, slicers, sharp knives, beverage machines, etc.
- Must possess good attention to detail, and ability to work under pressure.
- Excellent customer service skills are required.
- Maintain a clean and safe working environment.
- ServSafe Certification
- Illinois BASSET Alcohol Training Certification
Please submit your resume to Careers@venteuxchicago.com