« Back to All Open Positions
To include but not limited to
- Consistently following Food & Beverage sequence of service utilizing all proper procedures standardized by VENUE managers and chefs.
- Actively marketing VENUE and SELF.
- Packing food and beverage for sale.
- Build and establish a personal clientele.
- Participate in weekly marketing requirements and outings
- Responsible for a cash bank or impressed bank issued at the beginning of service.
- Provides direction to and assistance to apprentice and porters to ensure proper operation of the cafÃ© bar.
- Greet guests in a positive, friendly manner and make them feel welcome.
- Mix and serve drinks, proportioning ingredients to exact recipes and cost criteria.
- Command full menu knowledge at all times and preparation methods.
- Exhibiting proper knowledge, selling techniques and service delivery of coffee/tea/baked goods/pastries offered.
- Maintain a level of professionalism, that will make guests want to return.
- Anticipate the guests' needs and respond appropriately with a sense of urgency.
- Bid farewell to guests, use the guest's name when known, and encourage them to return.
- Actively working as a goodwill ambassador by exhibiting the Art of Excellence philosophy.
- Work as a team, assisting all guests' and employees' needs and inquiries.
- Perform all opening and closing duties, based upon shift assignment.
- Maintain a bar inventory, orders product to maintain established levels.
- Clean all equipment, tools, and supplies and maintain equipment in good working order.
- Itemizing bills correctly and efficiently securing payment.
- Maintaining stock and cleanliness of their assigned areas, side stations, POS and tables.
- Follow all health and safety regulations.
- Responsible for end of shift clean-up work as outlined by management.
- Other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS: (Include equipment knowledge/use)
- 2 years Barista experience.
- Experience with social media platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, etc. and active participant in social media
- Ability to work as part of a team in a high stress & high-volume environment.
- Physically able to lift and carry heavy trays and equipment as well as delicate china and glassware up to 50 lbs.
- Physically able to walk without assistance on various surfaces for an extended period of time.
- Exposure to a high volume restaurant environment.
- Excellent customer service skills are required.
- Basic math skills and the ability to use a calculator.
- Basic computer skills and experience with POS systems.
- Knowledge of different types of tendering guest checks.
- Ability to upsell.
- Maintain a clean and safe working environment.
- Must have oral and written English language skills.
- ServSafe Certification
- Illinois BASSET Alcohol Training Certification
Please submit your resume to Careers@venteuxchicago.com