« Back to All Open Positions
This is intended to be an overview of the responsibilities and requirements attributed to the position of
Assistant General Manager - Restaurant. It is not intended to be limited to such content nor does it describe solely what occupies a given day or week.
Recruitment, Training and Development
- Assists General Manager in recruiting, hiring, training and development within the venue.
- Supervise all direct report positions.
- Oversees evaluation of line positions.
- Ensures disciplinary / termination procedures are followed
- Provides conflict resolution
- Ensures compliance with workplace standards
- Provides overall Leadership
Monitors Business during Operating Hours
- Oversees the overall operation
- Maintains quick and efficient entry system for guests
- Reviews all incident reports
- Promptly addresses all operational issues with Management and Staff
- Ensure Service goals and standards are defined and enforced in all venues
- Monitor the venue environment for cleanliness, appropriate lighting, sound and temperature.
Enhancing Revenue / Controlling Costs
- Executes sales and marketing opportunities
- Maximizes cost controls
- Develops and executes strategic planning and forecasting
- Prepares weekly GM report in absence of General Manager
- Monitors / analyzes weekly and monthly Cost of Goods Sale and labor reports
- Create and implement clearly defined action plans for any budget deficiencies
- Motivates team to achieve business goals and objectives
- Ensures Point of Sales Data is current and accurate
- Establish and monitor all pricing
- Assists General Manager in submitting annual operating budget proposal to the President and CFO
- Ensure "A" grade compliance with Health department, oversees all inspections in absence of General Manager
- Maintain Warranty file and operations manuals on all equipment
Guests, Employees, Media and Partner Relations
- Ensures all guest complaints are resolved
- Maintains "open door" policy
- Maintains regular communication with Company Executives and Partners
- Maintains high guest satisfaction through consistently introducing innovative products
- Portrays a professional, charismatic image when interacting with the media.
Administrative and Legal
- Ensures all permits and licenses are maintained, up to date and posted, as required bylaw
- Ensures compliance with all state and local regulations and ordinances regarding business, including Union Collective Bargaining Agreement
- Monitors potential liability issues (contractual, safety, employment, union)
- Ensures that employees have all required certification validated - Maintain file on site with copies of cards
- Execute Pre-Opening checklist items
- Maintains compendium from hiring to opening
- Maintains systems, policies and procedures for use in recruiting, hiring, training, management, physical plant, inventory, scheduling, cost and operational efficiencies.
- Create, oversee development and execute opening for venues as needed
(Include equipment knowledge/use)
- Minimum 3 years prior experience as a Manager in a high volume Restaurant.
- Must possess good communication, organizational, and supervisory skills.
- Must have strong coaching and development skills.
- Must have prior experience in labor and food cost control.
- Must be able to efficiently operate and control labor cost and plays an active role in contributing to the restaurant profits.
- Minimum Bachelor Degree in Hospitality preferred but not required.
- Solid knowledge of International products and terminology.
- Must have a thorough understanding of the Union Collective Bargaining Agreement.
- Must be flexible and must have tolerance for long, stressful nights.
- Must have strong human relations skills to lead a very diverse team.
- Oversee the menu design and implement cost effective restaurant menu analysis, including menu engineering.
- ServSafe Certification
- Illinois BASSET Alcohol Training Certification
Please submit your resume to Careers@venteuxchicago.com