« Back to All Open Positions
BUSSER JOB REQUIREMENTS:
To include but not limited to:
- Setting and resetting of tables before, during and after service periods with clean dishes, silverware and polished glassware.
- Pouring waters, serving breads, condiments and some side-items as necessary.
- Buffing / polishing glass and silverware where necessary.
- Stacking and stocking of side stations with dry goods, extra-china settings and silverware.
- Setting up and breaking down of side stations before and after service.
- Pre-bussing and bussing of tables during service period; assisting servers with service steps where necessary
- Maintaining general cleanliness in dining room during service periods.
- Cleaning all spills immediately, using floor signs when necessary.
- Loading / unloading linens when necessary.
- Bidding farewell to guests, using the guest's name when known, and encouraging them to return.
- Anticipating the guests' needs and responding appropriately with a sense of urgency.
- Actively working as a good will ambassador of the company by exhibiting the Art of Excellence philosophy.
- Working as a team by assisting all guests and employees with their needs and inquiries.
- Effectively communicating with management, chefs and culinary staff in order to fulfill and address any issues or needs requested by guests and or other employees.
- Following all procedures and policies set forth by the company, division and department and CCHD.
- Following all health and safety regulations.
(Include equipment knowledge/use)
- 2 Years experience as a busser in a similar, high-volume restaurant environment. 6 months required in a fine dining establishment preferred.
- Good communication skills; multilingual is a plus.
- Must be able to speak and to read in English proficiently.
- Physically able to lift and carry at least 50lbs on a tray or arm service where it applies, as well as delicate china and glassware.
- Physically able to walk without assistance on various surfaces for an extended period of time.
- Professionally groomed in a manner consistent with department grooming standards.
- Positive attitude, self motivated, energetic and is a willing learner.
- Ability to follow directions well, make quick decisions, and keep organized while under pressure.
- Knowledgeable about health and safety regulations.
- Ability to perform a variety of duties with extreme care, concern and detail.
- Ability to use standard kitchen equipment, including, but not limited to toasters, refrigerators/coolers, slicers, bread knives, beverage machines.
- ServSafe Certification
- Illinois BASSET Alcohol Training Certification
Please submit your resume to Careers@venteuxchicago.com