« Back to All Open Positions
To include but not limited to
- Consistently following Food & Beverage sequence of service utilizing all proper procedures standardized by VENUE managers and chefs.
- Adhere to weekly table and guest list requirements
- Assist in developing restaurant database through networking and completing data cards.
- Building and establishing a personal clienteles.
- Participate in weekly marketing requirements
- Provides support to Bartender and porters to ensure proper operation of the bar.
- Greeting guests in a positive, friendly manner and making them feel welcome.
- Mixing and Serving drinks, proportioning ingredients to exact recipes and cost criteria.
- Maintaining the cleanliness and appearance of the bar
- Performing all opening and closing duties, based upon shift assignment.
- Cleaning of all equipment, tools, and supplies and maintaining equipment in good working order.
- Bidding farewell to guests, using guest's name when known, and encourage them to return.
- Maintaining a level of professionalism, that will make guests want to return.
- Anticipating the guests' needs and responding appropriately with a sense of urgency.
- Working as a team, assisting all guests' and employees' needs and inquiries.
- Effectively communicating with management, bartenders and service staff in order to fulfill and address any issues or needs requested by guests and or other employees.
- Responsible for end of shift clean-up work as outlined by management
- Following all procedures and policies set forth by the company, division, department and County health department.
- Follow all health and safety regulations.
- Conforming to the department grooming standards, uniform or attire, and jewelry policy.
- Always be positive, show enthusiasm, be humble, be thankful, and be respectful to all team members.
- Other duties as assigned
QUALIFICATIONS: (Include equipment knowledge/use)
- 2 Years experience as a barback and/or busser in a similar, high-volume restaurant environment or 6 months required in a fine dining establishment.
- Experience with social media platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, etc. and active participant in social media
- Ability to work as part of a team in a high stress & high-volume environment.
- Must be able to execute fine dining service standards, as full dinner is available at bar.
- Have a working knowledge of Spirits, Wine and Food.
- Physically able to lift and carry heavy trays and equipment as well as delicate china and glassware. Up to 50 lbs.
- Physically able to walk without assistance on various surfaces for an extended period of time.
- Must possess good attitude, attention to detail, and ability to work under pressure.
- Excellent customer service skills are required.
- Maintain a clean and safe working environment.
- Must have oral and written English language skills.
- Must be 21 years of age to serve food and beverages in the State of Illinois.
- Must possess an alcohol awareness card and a Food Handler Safety Training Card.
- Must be flexible to changing work environment.
- Emptying bar trash.
- ServSafe Certification
- Illinois BASSET Alcohol Training Certification
Please submit your resume to Careers@venteuxchicago.com